PDA

View Full Version : Continuous Apex Email Alarm

tuckdawaytoo
01/10/2010, 09:09 PM
I love the email alarm feature of the Apex; however, it sends them continously. I have it set up to repeat at 30 minutes.

For example if my pH was 8.56 it would send me an email every minute until I turn the email alarm outlet off. No it is not an option for me to change my limits...there should be a way to only get an email every XX minutes per the repeat function.

Is my programming to blame?

Here is my outlet setup:

Set OFF
If Temp > 81.5 Then ON
If Temp < 75.0 Then ON
If pH > 08.55 Then ON
If pH < 07.90 Then ON
If pH2 > 07.65 Then ON
If pH2 < 06.30 Then ON
If Switch2 OPEN Then ON
If Power Apex Off 000 Then ON
If Outlet ATO_ALARM = ON Then ON
If FeedA 000 Then OFF
If FeedB 000 Then OFF

aquamanic
01/11/2010, 11:45 AM
If you're on the latest firmware and you're positive you've got the repeat delay set to 30 minutes, then I'd eliminate all the program statements and re-add them one by one until I found the one that was causing the problem. I'd be suspicious of "switch2" and "ato_alarm" only because these are additional outlets that have their own program statements that could be faulty. Not saying they are, only that if I had to look someplace, you might start there. Anyway, adding the statements back one by one should hilight the culprit.

kenargo
01/11/2010, 12:20 PM
If one of the tests is bouncing on/off then the Apex will send email each timer there is an on/off transition. You can soften this using the 'Defer' command.

In the email it should report which statement triggered the email; that might help diagnose the cause.

aquamanic
01/11/2010, 12:24 PM
Ken makes a good point - you've got the PH triggers set to 100ths. Perhaps just backing them down to 10ths might help.

hionreef
01/11/2010, 01:01 PM
I tried setting the ph to tenths on an AC3 (i know the programming is a little different) and when i tried to save I got an error unless i used hundreths

tuckdawaytoo
01/11/2010, 02:58 PM
If one of the tests is bouncing on/off then the Apex will send email each timer there is an on/off transition. You can soften this using the 'Defer' command.

In the email it should report which statement triggered the email; that might help diagnose the cause.

Ken you make a good point...the one statement I eliminated what to alarm when the heater came on...could have been the heater cycling.

To the pH to the tenths from another poster...I did that and Apex just adds a zero for hundreths place. It must require that many significant figures.

I added the defer command. I will let you guys know how it goes.

aquamanic
01/11/2010, 02:59 PM
Can't you specify PH2 > 7.60 instead of 7.65?

kenargo
01/11/2010, 06:18 PM
What does the email say; it should show the statement that triggered the email; focus on that one...