PDA

View Full Version : 36" x 30" x 24"(30") Aquarium

HOBrien
01/12/2010, 01:28 PM
I am thinking about getting a tank with these dimensions and would like some input from anyone that might have one with these dimensions.

Also I am having a hard time finding someone that makes a standard tank this size without it being custome. Does anyone know of a company that has a standard RR one? If not what about a custom one?

HOBrien
01/12/2010, 01:32 PM
I can go up to 45" in length if a custom one is the only way to go. As I only have a wall with a length of 100" and I am wanting to put a sitting bench on the side of the tank for the rest of the wall and it measures 53.5"

ChadTheSpike
01/12/2010, 01:36 PM
Having just gone through many phone calls to companies, LFSs, ect. trying to find a tank with similar dimensions for my seagrass refugium upgrade (36x24x21), I found a couple of things that may help you:)
The only place that comes close to having a standard tank with near those dimensions is the glass cage place. 36x24x17. Also, everyone I dealt with told me that height wise the options were 17, 25, 30 (in between heights are the same cost as the next highest that they have to cut). Finally, if you can accomodate slightly deeper (36x36), look into marineland deep dimension or corner tanks (I think they have one that size). Other than that, you will probably have to get one custom made (like I did), locally is probably your best bet there.
Good luck, that size will be awesome!!!

HOBrien
01/12/2010, 01:42 PM
Having just gone through many phone calls to companies, LFSs, ect. trying to find a tank with similar dimensions for my seagrass refugium upgrade (36x24x21), I found a couple of things that may help you:)
The only place that comes close to having a standard tank with near those dimensions is the glass cage place. 36x24x17. Also, everyone I dealt with told me that height wise the options were 17, 25, 30 (in between heights are the same cost as the next highest that they have to cut). Finally, if you can accomodate slightly deeper (36x36), look into marineland deep dimension or corner tanks (I think they have one that size). Other than that, you will probably have to get one custom made (like I did), locally is probably your best bet there.
Good luck, that size will be awesome!!!

Thanks for all the helpful information. What type of company did you have make it. I the most depth I could go with the location is 36" but have to get it by the wifey.

leshnign
01/12/2010, 01:44 PM
Have you looked on http://www.glasscages.com? You might find something on there that works for you. Good Luck

ChadTheSpike
01/12/2010, 01:50 PM
No problem! I cant wait to see it!
In the end I went through a LFS who goes through someone (basically an unknown to me, but the LFS had some examples of their work I could look at). I did get a custom quote from glass cages that was slightly lower than the LFS (20ish dollars), but the shipping cost put it higher. There are also a lot of reviews for them on this and other sites that you should look at and perform due diligence on prior to making a decision.

haha I can see the conversation, 36"... its just 6" more than 30... and it wont take up much more space... I hear you there... I have had similar conversations MANY times!!

tinnghe
01/12/2010, 01:53 PM
Oceanic tech 57 gal is around that size I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOBrien
01/12/2010, 02:13 PM
Oceanic tech 57 gal is around that size I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 36"x30"x24 is right about 120gal not 57gal

HOBrien
01/12/2010, 02:14 PM
Have you looked on http://www.glasscages.com? You might find something on there that works for you. Good Luck

I have looked on their site and if I can get the depth to 36" then they have a standard tank with those dimensions.....