PDA

View Full Version : Anchoring mushrooms?

Tylt33
01/14/2010, 07:45 PM
I had a yuma detach and go flying around the tank a few days ago. It just re-appeared now. I'm wondering what I can do to make him stay put? Rubberband? I have a low flow refugium I could put him in on a piece of rock.... what do you do?

doryrocks
01/15/2010, 12:19 AM
I would put it in the refugium so that it stays on top of the rock without too much movement. Within a couple of days it should attach.

zooty
01/15/2010, 10:51 AM
Same as what doryrocks said.

Yo can also use a piece of tupperware or similar dish, add rubble rock and mushroom and put it in the tank. The walls of the container should keep the shroom from blowing around and allow it to attach

kingfisher62
01/15/2010, 12:20 PM
I just discovered shot glasses work really well when the shroom is smaller. just put the rubble you want to attach it to on the bottom and the shroom on top. Or if you need use a larger glass. I like the idea of the light getting thru the glass and to be able to see it from the side!

engineeronh2o
01/15/2010, 08:36 PM
I agree, rumble basket is a popular choice

sagecx
01/16/2010, 02:05 AM
you can also use a toothpick to pierce the base and then glue the toothpick to some rubble. It will generally move along one side of the toothpick tell it attaches to the rubble.

milkman55
01/30/2010, 10:09 AM
I made these a couple of weeks ago out of 1 1/4" thin call PVC with with a mesh top. The frag plugs just slip up into the PVC casing until the mushroom or ric is trapped between the netting and the plug. I use the large Oceans Wonder disks from BRS and they friction fit in the PVC like a glove and you can adjust how close the mesh is to the disk. You can put some rubble on the disk if you like. Totally reusuable once the shroom attaches itself to the plug. Works for all kinds of soft corals.

merkurmaniac
01/31/2010, 03:51 PM
Smart.