PDA

View Full Version : Help? Coral white after 24hrs.

tlpmyd
01/14/2010, 08:41 PM
I noticed last night my green slimer what totally white at the base, so i took it out of the tank dipped it in seachem reef dip, and returned it to the thank, today i notice its almost completly white and im sure by tommorow with be history, but none of my other sps are affected so far.i have had this in my tank for over a year now what causes this rapid tissue loss so fast, literally 24hrs and this piece is finished. Also is there anything that i can use in my tank if it is a parasite that will work, i cant remove all the sps and corals so i would have to dose the entire tank with fish, live rock,sand, inverts, etc. Ive done interceptor last year and worked great, but is that just for redbugs? If so i dont see no red bugs on the affected sps?

sportzfish
01/14/2010, 09:20 PM
Maybe due to a temperature swing?

kretzkiller
01/14/2010, 09:22 PM
First off, what are you parameters, light setup, etc.

You should always dip before placing new corals in your DT. It doesn't sound like RTN, but rather bleached. Give it some TLC and it should come back.

doryrocks
01/15/2010, 12:37 AM
Is it newly acquired and is the tissue peeling off or receeding? Could be signs of new stress. Check all parameters and run carbon.

divewsharks
01/15/2010, 06:04 PM
if its base up, as mentioned check your params especially ALK. if its been in the tank over a year, it could be acting as your 'canary in the mine shaft' and other corals could follow; or it could be something specific to that coral. has anything changed in the tank -- you added or subtracted anything?

engineeronh2o
01/15/2010, 09:17 PM
How white is it? It may be too late......