PDA

View Full Version : Need to upgrade my cleanup crew

jb61264
01/15/2010, 07:01 AM
I have a 75 mixed reef aquarium with a 55 sump and need to upgrade my cleanup crew...how many and what types of critters should I be considering and where is the most reasonable online place to get a cleanup crew?

Ritten
01/15/2010, 07:58 AM
I had been getting mine from either from Reeftopia.com or Saltwaterfish.com and was happy with both places. This last time from recommendations here, I went with Reefcleaners.org. You'll see a place to contact them by e-mail and if you tell them about your system, they will tell you exactly what they recommend you buy. They got back to me in about two days. They were the cheapest and I have been really impressed with the dwarf cerith snail and the medium nerite snails.

d2mini
01/15/2010, 08:04 AM
If you go to www.reefcleaners.org, you can contact John with your tank info and he'll set you up with a package for your tank. The only thing is his stock can be limited, but his prices and customer service are fantastic.

RBU1
01/15/2010, 08:05 AM
Does anyone know if these places keep inverts and fish in seperate systems...

I am paranoid now of introducing a parasite to my tank via the water in the snails shells or something....The only way for that not to happen is if the inverts are in a system with no fish.

greech
01/15/2010, 09:38 AM
Reefcleaners doesn't sell fish so there shouldn't be an issue there. Not sure on other places.