PDA

View Full Version : Aiptasia KILLER Berghia!

huskysglare1
01/15/2010, 12:20 PM
Does anyone have these guys Berghia nudibranchs. I'd read that they Kill Aiptisa. Is this true? How effective are they. I have Aiptisa popping up everywhere and they're hard to control. Do these guys work? How easy are they to keep alive?

Also, Peperment Shrimps are suppose to eat Aiptisia too, but didn't have any luck with them. i bought like 5 and none eat aiptisa.

I'd also heard of Matted Filefish eating Aiptisia. Anyone has these guys and can attest to this claim?

Thanks guys.

engineeronh2o
01/15/2010, 12:25 PM
I bought 3 last week for my 30 gallon frag tank. They been in there for almost a week and no sign of them. No aptasia gone and no sign of the B Nudis. I dripped them for 2 hours, however they are so so small. They are probably in there but who knows. So small and quite expensive. $20 a piece for half inch nudi. Just my experience.

Rouselb
01/15/2010, 07:30 PM
They do work if you have enough of them to mate, put them in an area they can mate, dont get eaten by other fish. I tried them, but not much luck, i use a silver scat to control mine. They are ugly, but wont bother any coral, and will eat the aip. CBB are hit and miss, filefish are hit and miss (one worked for me, the other just got beat up). Scats are $20 and will do the trick.

huskysglare1
01/15/2010, 07:49 PM
Scats? i thought they are for freshwater tanks.