PDA

View Full Version : Yuma Lighting

dwanner
01/15/2010, 03:19 PM
I am running a 72" T5 fixture over my 29" high 210 gallon tank and I was wondering how far up or down in the tank should I place my Yumas. I have a nice group of Ricordeas that are thriving approximatley 14" or so from the bottom, but the Yuma's are not doing as well with the same light level. I have read that Yuma's like less light than Ricordeas, so I was thinking about moving the Yuma's lower but any imput would be appreciated.

Azurel
01/16/2010, 03:55 PM
Yes move them low and put them into in-direct lighting even possible to shade them a bit.....They should recover if they are still healthy but it can take awhile if they are reacting negatively to, to much light...

luisse25
01/23/2010, 08:34 PM
yes move them low and put them into in-direct lighting even possible to shade them a bit.....they should recover if they are still healthy but it can take awhile if they are reacting negatively to, to much light...

+1

crazykrammm
01/24/2010, 09:13 AM
i keep some of mine high some low you have to start low and bring it up. you'll get some nice colors.

here's one of mine.
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/krampy3/_MG_5514.jpg

brbarkey
01/25/2010, 05:13 PM
I agree with the low light first and if yours are struggling the more low light the better. I "shoved" a struggling Yuma in the corner where it was really shaded...a few weeks later I moved it to moderate shade...its doing better

KarmaChameleon
01/27/2010, 03:37 PM
I agree, yumas seem to light shock easily, but can take quite a bit of light if acclimated slowly. I have mine 14" directly under a 250W 10K halide along with some rics, and it's doing better than the rics at the moment.