PDA

View Full Version : Baby porcelein crab??

thebkramer
01/15/2010, 06:23 PM
Last night while looking in tank for a pistol shrimp I found an itty bitty crab. At first glance I thought it was a gorilla (ugh) but looked closely. He was white with reddish spots and doing that thing they do with their front arms. LOL can't remember what they are called. I couldn't believe it!! He must of come in off a rock I got yesterday that has atleast 50 or more tiny red and brown briitle stars!! Anyways. Do you think they little guy has a chance?? I don't have any fish yet (still waiting on LFS to get starry, blue chromis and peppermint shrimp). Could anything else kill him besides me??? Thanks!! :D

bertoni
01/15/2010, 06:56 PM
It could be a porcelain crab. It likely will be fine, although a mantis or larger crab might eat it.

Chiefsurfer
01/15/2010, 08:17 PM
I got a porcelain about the size of a quarter in my rock. Even though he hides deep in a burrow that empties into a cave, I can spot him at night, in his little cave, waving his debris catching arms around. Lived through the cycle with no real special care.

thebkramer
01/15/2010, 09:02 PM
Thats cool Chief! I hope he makes it!! He Is soooo damn little!!! I'll try to get a good pic to show how darn cute he is!! I'm hoping there are no predators in my tank that I don't know about so he makes it!