PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advise on nem selection

Matt850
01/16/2010, 11:12 PM
I just recently lost my bubble tip that my clowns have hosted for the past year and a half. I upgraded and the nem didn't like his new spot, upon searching he found the powerhead and was lost. In addition to that my yellow tang freaked out and tail whipped my female clown twice killing her(the pair was together for 2.5 years). I didn't want to do this so early but my LFS had about 40 CB B/W clowns come in and sent out a 50% off a single fish coupon to random people on their list... so i bit and got the Male his new mate, a much smaller B/W Juvi. Now it is time for a new anemone. The only thing that is ever brought in locally are sebae and Bubble tip, mostly only ever green bubble tips. My question is what type of anemone should I go for? I have a 90g with two 250w MH bulb over it. I see ocellaris are normally associated with Magnifica (which i hear can be a fish eater), gigantea (Not sure if I'm comfortable with this hard to keep anemone to try it), and mertensii (sounds like a winner but I can't find one anywhere).

Any other suggestions or a place online that is great for buying quality anemones at a great price?

ocellaris123
01/17/2010, 02:59 AM
Well the natural hosts for ocellaris clownfish are not easy to keep. I would try out a long tentacled anemone, or haddoni anemeone (possible fish eater) if you have a deep sandbed. You can go for another bubble anemone but I would get your powerheads covered if you do.