PDA

View Full Version : PH probe problem

rareform
01/17/2010, 06:23 PM
My ph reads 8.11 on my apex and my ph on my Milwaukee reads 8.2 if I take it out of my calcium reactor and put in straight into my sump. I bought solution to check the probes and the milwaukee read perfect but the apex reads about .14 low is this normal what should i do? The solution I am using is 7.00

HeneryH
01/17/2010, 07:59 PM
I assume you calibrated the Apex probe.

If so and you are still having the .14 too low problem I am having the same problem.

If you never calibrated then I am still the only one seeing the >0.1 too low problem.

rareform
01/17/2010, 09:02 PM
I was going to calibrate it and bought the 7.00 solution and then read the instruction that came with the apex but like every thing else i did with the apex the instructions are not that clear it says to use the solutions 7.00 and 10.00 but i still don't understand how to set it if it is off ?

rareform
01/17/2010, 09:04 PM
My understanding is you put it in 7.00 first then when it stops moving you put it in the 10.00 how does it change the calibration?

swearint
01/17/2010, 09:24 PM
You missed a step. You choose the low ph solution first, 7 for saltwater. Place the probe in the solution. Once the numbers stop changing, you hit the SELECT (big middle one) button. That calibrates the low point. Then rinse the probe and choose the high ph solution, 10 for saltwater. Place the probe in the solution and wait for the numbers to stop changing, hit the SELECT button again. That calibrates the high point. That's all there is to it. You can then exit back out to the home screen and check it in each solution, but rinse between each.

Todd

rareform
01/17/2010, 10:00 PM
THANKS I can do that and it makes sense

HeneryH
01/18/2010, 11:02 AM
The procedure is pretty easy once you go into the menu item for calibration. Leave plenty of time to settle.

My problem is that immediately after calibrating on the 10.0 (and the calibration process) I leave the probe in the 10.0 and see my displayed pH drop from 10.00 to below 9.90 over the course of 60 seconds. I'm really curious why I am the only one. Neptune has not been too helpful on this one for me. Oh well, not much I can do.