PDA

View Full Version : Feed Cycles not working

Esquare
01/17/2010, 06:59 PM
Hello All,

Im having problems with the feed cycles on my AC3 Pro. Cycle A works fine but the rest (B, C, D) always come up as 0001 sec on the controller which has it initiating the cycle then immediately shutting the cycle down. This happens no matter what I have entered in the program. Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Thanks

kenargo
01/18/2010, 02:47 PM
Are you pressing 'select' after changing the selection of the feed cycle? Is so that is the problem; after changing the feed cycle, just pause.

If I remember correctly the newest firmware in the AC3s fixed it so you need to select but your description sounds like you might be running an older firmware.

Also; check your feed cycle intervals (in setup); maybe they are set to 0?

Esquare
01/18/2010, 05:54 PM
I think updating the firmware has done the trick.

Thanks Ken

Esquare
01/19/2010, 08:04 AM
It turns out to be only half fixed. The feed cycles appear to work from aquanotes but not the controller itself.

kenargo
01/19/2010, 09:10 AM
It turns out to be only half fixed. The feed cycles appear to work from aquanotes but not the controller itself.

How are you starting the feed cycles from the controller?

Esquare
01/19/2010, 09:28 AM
The down arrow

kenargo
01/19/2010, 09:39 AM
So when you press down arrow, they scroll to the feed cycle you want you don't press <select>; correct? Then do you see the screen show the feed count down?

What isn't working?

Esquare
01/19/2010, 02:21 PM
From the controller just the down arrow. From Aquanotes I choose the feed cycle then press Feed.

kenargo
01/19/2010, 02:58 PM
From the controller just the down arrow. From Aquanotes I choose the feed cycle then press Feed.

That sounds like you are starting the feed cycle correctly; what happens when you press the down arrow; does the screen show a feed cycle starting after a few seconds (you need to wait about 3 seconds after the down arrow before feed cycle will begin)?

Esquare
01/19/2010, 03:05 PM
It starts and shows -0001 seconds then immediately cancels out. The cycle I'm doing has only 1 command (turning the skimmer off) which it executes then immediately turns back on.

kenargo
01/19/2010, 05:19 PM
It sounds like you are pressing the select button after pressing down; that would cancel immediate like you indicate. I assume the feed cycle isn't 1 second (as configured in Setup, Feed Interval)???

Esquare
01/19/2010, 05:28 PM
Yeah, but I'm not pressing the select button. The feed cycle is set to 5 minutes but shows up as -0001.
I had worked fine for some time until it got fried somehow and I sent it back to Curt who fixed it. Since then it ony has the A feed cycle

kenargo
01/19/2010, 05:47 PM
It is starting to sound like some memory corruption; are you in a position to save your program and init the controller (try init program 1st as it is the least destructive; it doesn't clear probe calibrations).

If that doesn't work you may want to contact Neptune and see what they think...

Esquare
01/20/2010, 05:20 AM
That didn't work either. I guess I'll contact Neptune.

Thanks for the help Ken

Esquare
01/20/2010, 02:58 PM
Well I called Curt and he suggested that I reload the firmware (which I thought I had done) and Viola that was it. Thanks for you help Ken.