PDA

View Full Version : New GBTA

Arkayology
01/18/2010, 11:14 PM
I got a new GBTA a couple of days ago. My tank is a 20H (I have plenty of room for this thing to get bigger) 6 months old with a TEK 4x24 T5HO individual reflector fixture with bulbs that have only been in use for 2 months.

The GBTA is healthy from what I can tell (nice a bubbled appearance. It is about 3'' in diameter and is nicely colored as you can see.

I have done my homework on nems but am wondering what people experiences have been with BTAs and how long that take to adjust to the lighting and environment of new tanks. It went right underneath a rock and has planted itself there. It is taking food (I fed it a third of a silverside last night).

So my question is what can I expect for adjustment time for this guy? Is it totally random? I have heard that using screens is the best option whereas others have said that they will adjust on their own. Can I get some insight please?

Arkayology
01/18/2010, 11:14 PM
http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss129/SoCalDude/DSCN0851.jpg

zaraemna
01/18/2010, 11:39 PM
Give it a week or so and it should be happy. I would give it smaller food when you feed it. Mysis shrimp works really well. I like to soak the shrimp in Selcon too. If you do give it silversides cut them up into pieces pea sized or smaller. I'm sure it will spit the silverside out before morning since it is still getting used to your tank. The smaller food is easier for the anemone to digest before it spits it back out. I wouldn't move the anemone either. Just let it do its thing for now. It probably isn't used to bright lights in your tank. It has been in low light from shipping and being at the fish store, so it will probably hide under the rock a little.