PDA

View Full Version : can you id these anemones?

raguilar
01/20/2010, 04:48 PM
hey guys
bought this anemone at the LFS (Pet Club) today. Their lights were busted, but they said it just came in yesterday so i figured why not try it. Looked really white (perhaps bleached from lack of light) and the tentacles looked a bit skinny.

is it a bubble tip? If so, think it's healthy or healthy enough to come back? my water's stable. under T5s.

thanks
ray

stevetcg
01/20/2010, 05:19 PM
My uninformed guess is a bleeched BTA. (e. quadricolor)

ocellaris123
01/20/2010, 05:31 PM
Yup, steve is correct

vaporize
01/20/2010, 05:39 PM
bubble tip :)

garygb
01/21/2010, 04:36 PM
Yes, it looks healthy enough to come back, in fact, it looks like it's in good shape--other than perhaps a bit bleached.

raguilar
01/21/2010, 04:53 PM
happy to have picked it up then. during the night, it moved from the very bottom of my tank to the very top and was sitting on the underside of my gsp rock (ontop of a patch of gsp. tentacles were a little more puffy and it started to show a greenish tint before the lights went out.

next step, a pack of silversides and a couple of small clowns.

romsoccer12
01/21/2010, 06:00 PM
dont feed silversides to a bleached nem, to hard to digest. they can lead to many problems.

reef2
01/21/2010, 06:02 PM
id feed it mysis until it recovers and i would also wait til then to get the clowns.

monkeybiz
01/21/2010, 09:36 PM
+1 on feeding it mysis instead of silversides

+1 on waiting on getting the clowns. clowns, if they decide to host, can be kind of rough with an anemone. that being said... my rbta has been in my tank for two weeks and my clown fish havnt even gone near it.

good luck though. it'll look great once it pulls through.

i just noticed you live in fremont. im in santa clara. does your pet club normally carry nems? and how much do they go for? the pet clubs and petco's down here dont carry any reef livestock... at least the ones i visited.