PDA

View Full Version : Cost Analysis

aqualab
01/20/2010, 07:03 PM
I just purchased your Plus II beginner Pack and now I want to outfit it with the following:

Wireless Lan
Salinity module
Salinity probe

About $700 additional if purchasing the modules, etc....

From both a value added and operational standpoint which would be cheaper - upgrade to a 3, assuming the upgrade will provide the additional items I want or just buy the items and outfit the II? I don't envision needing anything else in the future other than the Vortec pump control once that becomes available. So what do you recommend upgrade or outfit existing - I am looking at it from a money savings standpoint - whichever would be the cheaper way to go to give me what I need.

If you could provide the cost breakdown either way I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Bill

AQD_ottawa
01/20/2010, 08:48 PM
Hi Bill

You really need to get the ProfiLux upgraded to the P3 if you want affordable wireless as you can then use any cheap wireless gaming adapter plugged into the ethernet port.

You then have two options for salinity

1. the salinity upgrade card
or
2. the EX upgrade kit, if budget allows I would go for this option and we can fit both kits while we have your controller here for upgrading.

aqualab
01/20/2010, 09:01 PM
What is the cost of the upgrade to the P3 from my P2 controller?

The wireless Lan module for the P2 is plug and play, no need to buy a wireless gaming adapter? The P3 then does not have a Wireless Lan as standard?

Would I still need to buy the salinity module if I upgraded to the P3? Plus I would then still have to buy the Salinity probe?

AQD_ottawa
01/20/2010, 09:07 PM
Link to sticky at top of forum for cost
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1771876

The wireless lan module is $349.00 and not plug and play none are - go for the P3 upgrade ;)

The P3 has lan and webserver as standard not wireless lan, but can be accessed wirelessly via a games adapter.

The P3 upgrade does not provide further probe functions this comes with the EX upgrade the kits are seperate.

The P3 upgrade gives you full web capabilities, future unlimited expasnion of everything, the ability to utilise the touch screen display when launched, built in USB vast graphing capabilities etc etc etc

The EX upgrade gives you
3rd level port
salinity
redox
L5L6

:)

aqualab
01/20/2010, 09:16 PM
Ok, got it, thanks. You provide excellent support.