PDA

View Full Version : mp40w calibration problem

Pran
01/21/2010, 09:25 AM
Hi all

I received 2 mp40w 2 weeks ago for my 5 feet long tank. I installed the two in opposite end and they seem to work fine, the sound is not loud as I thought it will be and there is no vibration. I am happy with the two pumps, exp I have it on Lagoon, full mode anti sync and even my small onxy clown fish are swiming fine, so I am not too sure how its possible when the pump is on full swing.

Anyways my issue with the pump is, I calibrated the master one to stop when it d/c and its working fine. I then calibrated the slave pump to do the same d/c, but after few hours it stopped and gave me the red on and off light signal. I then re calibrated it again but the next morning the same thing, it started blinking red and stopped.

I called up Ecotech and they told me the pump is thinking that its sep thats why it stopped so to reset it by pressing, mode (or set I forgot) for few seconds, then when the light changes, press mode and set and then it will restarted and then pull the power and put it back on. So I did that and the pump worked fine. But I still wnated to re calibrate it for d/c so I did it after then after few hrs it started to blink red and stopped working.

so then I did the master reset and now the slave is working fine, but its not re calibrated.

Do you know what I should do, can it be the pump has a issue b/c it cannot recalibrate, I know I did the calibration correcly, b/c the master is fine, its just the slave is not.

Thanks

Pran

EcoTech Marine
01/21/2010, 11:01 AM
Hi Pran,

Did you calibrate the master and slave pumps with the motors separated from the wetsides?

It sounds like your pump isn't taking the calibration. Our recommendation is typically to just clear out the calibration. Another option is to send it in to us.

Pran
01/21/2010, 11:49 AM
hi Tim

thanks for the quick reply

I do calibrate it by seperating the motor from the wet side

I followed the instruction in the manual and I did it correctly for the master pump

only the slave is not working.

In terms of sending it in, I live in Toronto Canada, and I think it will be very hard to send it to you and get it back very fast. The reason I am saying this is, its not like the pump is not working, its working fine and I love it

its just I want this calibration issue to be fixed.

If the pump is defective or not working, then I will send it in for sure, but I feel there is something going wrong even tho I am doing it right.

I did clear the calibration by doing the reset and doing it. Can you recommend me another way of doing this calibration, I will go home and do it and if it still gives me trouble then I can send it back or something.

BTW I bought the two from Progressive Aquatics in BC Canada

Thanks Tim

Pran

EcoTech Marine
01/21/2010, 12:14 PM
Hi Pran,

There's really nothing else that you can do. The calibration is not a critical feature of the pump and we're at the point where it's almost not worth having it on the product because there's little damage that can be done if the motor continues to spin without the wet side. So in the future you may see this feature removed from the product because it is hard to get it to function consistently from one motor to another.

Pran
01/21/2010, 01:05 PM
Hi Tim

Alright so I installed the pump as describted in the manual.
I have also tie strapped the dry side so it does not fall down.

So this mean, even if the wet side falls down, then dry side spins for many hours (w/o the wet side attached) this would not cause any problem to the pump or tank?

if thats the case then I am fine.

but its just strange that its working for one and not working for other, but I as describe in the post earlier this is not a big issue for a great pump like this.

Thanks

EcoTech Marine
01/21/2010, 02:36 PM
Correct, nothing on the pump is damaged should the wetside fall off and the dry side continues to spin.

Pran
01/21/2010, 02:41 PM
Thanks Tim :)