PDA

View Full Version : Aquacon

Stickboy97
01/21/2010, 04:34 PM
I did a search over in the feedback forum for aquacon and came up empty. I saw a few times they were referenced in other threads.

Is this site bad? Do they sell subpar fish? Should one stay away from them?

thanks
Shane

bertoni
01/21/2010, 04:47 PM
I've never dealt with that vendor, but I've seen a lot of bad reviews.

lougotzz
01/21/2010, 04:55 PM
Ill give you an example of what aquacon does:

You add corals to your cart, and then you check out.

Aquacon tells you they will ship your product out to you next week sometime.

Six months go buy and they claim they never got an email from you while you have been trying redicoulously hard to get in touch with them.

They got my emails as soon as I refrenced Floridas attorney General.

Oh and they dont pick up there phone. Ever.

mstng67
01/21/2010, 05:00 PM
There may just be a reason why CON is in the name! I have never heard anything good about them.

Stickboy97
01/21/2010, 08:30 PM
Well their prices seem too good to be true, that's why I was asking.

flare1185
01/21/2010, 11:52 PM
I recently purchased about 400$ worth of corals, shipped the next day liked they said they would, 90% of the corals were in good health, the two clams I got from them died a few days after shipping, wasn't sure if its due to my tank or was it just a bad pick of the litter, and one of the monticap thats suppose to be purple turn out to be bleaching brown. Needless to say I'm not buying from them again.

acrodave
01/22/2010, 01:07 AM
i got lr from them. but i was int the store not online

bassking16
01/22/2010, 03:59 AM
I bought a few SPS frags from them a couple months ago. All three arrived in good condition and are doing well in my tank. Shipping was fast, but the price for shipping was a little pricey.

Overall, I give them an average grade. Keep in mind that I did not have to contact them for any DOA's or anything like that, and I hear that they will not answer their phone at all.

hbubble
01/22/2010, 10:42 AM
thanks for the warning

Nanz
01/22/2010, 10:58 AM
I bought an Anemone and some corals from them and never received them.

I contacted them and they said I signed for them. (Which was a lie)

Then I contacted them again and they said they would refund me.

A week later I called again and asked where my refund was.

a month later I contacted my bank to reverse the payment to get my money back

Aquacon is Bad News!!!

NirvanaFan
01/22/2010, 11:07 AM
I'd stay away from them. Their pic of an acro valida is the exact same picture on Melev's site. I messaged him about it and he didn't give them permission to use it.

Nanz
01/22/2010, 12:31 PM
I'd stay away from them. Their pic of an acro valida is the exact same picture on Melev's site. I messaged him about it and he didn't give them permission to use it.

Wow, that is definitely Marc's acro valid. Its funny that Aquacon even printed under the photo "Actual color, not touched up", lol

They should have posted "Stolen from Melev's site"

Stickboy97
01/22/2010, 01:57 PM
WOW, thanks for the warnings.

galoot
01/22/2010, 02:23 PM
stay away

TP123
01/22/2010, 02:42 PM
There may just be a reason why CON is in the name! I have never heard anything good about them.

Yes, most people seem to say their name as aqua-CON. Very few good things are posted about them in a sea of negatives.