PDA

View Full Version : Picking an Angel

carnophage
01/21/2010, 06:02 PM
I have a 210g FOWLR, a male/female bluejawtrigger, a stars ans stripes puffer, and a blue tang. What would be the best angel choice for me. Something that is not really hard to care for. I was thinking emperor, or blueface, my wife also likes the french. Pictures would be great too. Thanks for your help.

wooden_reefer
01/21/2010, 06:30 PM
I have a 210g FOWLR, a male/female bluejawtrigger, a stars ans stripes puffer, and a blue tang. What would be the best angel choice for me. Something that is not really hard to care for. I was thinking emperor, or blueface, my wife also likes the french. Pictures would be great too. Thanks for your help.

The blueface angel is likely too mild manner against a triggerfish, a passer may be too mean for others.

Emperor is a more reasonable choice. There are several other tough fish.

carnophage
01/21/2010, 07:27 PM
The triggers are not aggressive, they are the bluechin
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+44+233&pcatid=233

AquaKnight
01/22/2010, 01:44 AM
Either of the three aren't terrible choices. By nature, Blueface's tend to be quite reclusive, especially if they're added to an established tank. Emperor's can get a little bossy/aggressive once larger, you do have a slightly more 'laid back' tank. That leaves the French, if I had to chip a negative in there, size? http://imagehost.auroraclubna.com/images/shrug.gif These grow up to be pretty big guys. Not like the Emperor is smaller, really....

AngelsAnonymous
01/22/2010, 08:11 AM
I have a 6" French and love him. He's very docile and one of the greatest personalities.

carnophage
01/22/2010, 07:23 PM
I am not limiting my choice to one of those three, they were just ones that we were thinking. If anyone has any other suggestions, please feel free to shoot them out! Thanks

goran745
01/23/2010, 01:15 AM
Blueface! My buddy tank is a 210 fO and the tank is stocked well.No probs with it and it's about 6". He also has a majestic angel. Blueface would be my choice.

WuHT
01/23/2010, 03:28 PM
you wont see your blueface much though.

I'm sure you evaluated on queens, asfurs/maculosus, and korans right ? Your point about being "easy" to care for is actually pretty easily achieved, since most of the large angels are not too difficult, diet being the part you actually might have to do a lil reading on.

Aside from the comments above, some other pros cons :

korans : easiest to obtain, but bad water quality = hlle

queens : lots of variety in colours, but can end up being aggressive or you might end up with a townsendi if you got a juvenile that "kinda looks like a queen".

asfur : doesn't grow fast, hard to get as a juvenile

maculosus : grows too fast.