PDA

View Full Version : Dimming & The Lunar Simulator Module

JoeMoglia
01/21/2010, 07:05 PM
Hi Guys,

After reading this line in the Apex Owner’s Manual I thought it might be cool to go ahead and get the Lunar Simulator:

“If the intensity of the lunar light is to be varied throughout the course of the lunar cycle, then the Lunar Simulator with LED light should be used…” (Bottom of Page 34)

I assumed that with the Lunar Simulator you would be able to dim the LEDs via the Apex controller program.

I got the Lunar Simulator today and I found that there is a control knob on the module to dim the LEDs but I do not see an example of doing this through code… Manually changing knob each day does not sound so fun to me…

Before I return it I thought I would ask the experts. Is there any way to vary the intensity of the Lunar Simulator LEDs via the Apex controller?

Thanks,

-Joe

kenargo
01/21/2010, 08:05 PM
Before I return it I thought I would ask the experts. Is there any way to vary the intensity of the Lunar Simulator LEDs via the Apex controller?

No, you cannot control dim setting via program statements directly but when you program a MOON statement to turn the LunarSim on/off you get dim automatically; it tracks the lunar cycle (full moon, brightest, new moon dark, etc).

The statement looks like this:

If Moon 000/000 Then ON

JoeMoglia
01/21/2010, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the reply!

That works for me… I just couldn’t imagine changing it on a regular basis by hand!