PDA

View Full Version : MP10 - Flashing Red/Green

wastememphis
01/22/2010, 03:07 PM
I just put my tank together for the first time and within an hour the MP10 started flashing green/red on the controller. I looked up the manual and it says "stall" but I couldn't see anything blocking the intake or the propeller. I unplugged from the wall and from the controller itself and tried again and the same light combination happened. Any advice???

EcoTech Marine
01/23/2010, 02:45 PM
Does the wetside rotate freely and without restriction? Is this a new pump? When you cycle power to the pump, does the stall error occur again? It may just require some time to break-in due to the rotor being overly tight initially.

wastememphis
01/24/2010, 11:21 AM
This is a new pump (Bought it 6 months ago but never had the tank set up, I've had a replacement transformer box mailed to me upon receiving the pump), it's only been run since Thursday this week.

I did try to look at the wet side after starting up and some times it does rotate a little then the lights will start to flash. After adjusting its positioning I had it on for a few hours and then I noticed it had stopped working again. Is this normal and will stop after it get's use to being run?

If I cycle the pump the error will eventually stop but 3/4 times it will still occur again unless I adjust the wet/dry assemblies and hold them in place. I'll try again to see if the wet and dry sides aren't lined up.

EcoTech Marine
01/25/2010, 09:48 AM
I think we should just swap out your pump for a new one, at this stage this will be the path of least resistance and best way to ensure you're running as new again.

wastememphis
01/25/2010, 10:29 AM
Running good for 30+ hours as of this morning... if it happens again I will call the service line about a replacement but I still have hopes for the pump. I will reply here on it's status later in the week. Thanks for the reply Tim.

Email: millnt92@yahoo.com