PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum and hobby

reefnewbie11
01/22/2010, 03:19 PM
Hey everyone. I have had a tank running for a few months now. This is my first salt water tank. I just posted in the diy section on mounting lights, but wanted to post my setup so far in here. I currently have a home made sump, protein skimmer, 2-3" of live sand and 5lbs of live rock. The tank is a 150 gallon. I will be be getting a lot more live rock soon. I setup a lift pump to top of the tank when needed. I have had a lionfish for two weeks and a electric clam for a few months now. I just put in 2 maroon Clownfish, sand shifting starfish and brusa trigger today. I have to take my dogs out real quick and then I'll post some pictures.

CantImagineWhy
01/22/2010, 05:36 PM
Welcome to reef central and the hobby!!

Can't wait to see the pics of the clam!

Shane Hoffman
01/22/2010, 05:45 PM
Welcome....How are the clams doing??? I owned 2 of them, and they both died within 2 months with no obvious reason why??

I have read they are tough to keep, do yours look as good today as they did when you bought them???

badfish
01/22/2010, 06:40 PM
The Trigger is probably going to eat the clam. If you plan on keeping coral than it will probably eat them to. I would get rid of it or keep a close eye on it and keep it well fed.