PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer quit,help please :(

pico1966
01/22/2010, 07:49 PM
my skimmer was acting up for the last week,i tought it was working fine again but when i got home it was dead.I have a coralife 125 for back up and i hooked it up and nothing but micro bubbles,i read the directions,re-read the directions and the micro bubbles are crazy,im starting to set up a new tank with a sump,i have a red sea skimmer but its a sump skimmer so it wont work on my other tank,i dont know how long it will take to get the new tank running and i dont know if i should go out and buy a fourth skimmer or if ill be alright or how many days ill have, any input will be greatly appreciated

Chiefsurfer
01/22/2010, 08:23 PM
wow, well tanks CAN be run skimmer-less. So it's not a big deal. That being said, I would do 5% WC's, 2x a week until you can get either fixed, or running. What size tank?

Juruense
01/22/2010, 08:30 PM
my skimmer was acting up for the last week,i tought it was working fine again but when i got home it was dead.
Ha ha, ok so its dead could you be a little more descriptive?

I have a coralife 125 for back up and i hooked it up and nothing but micro bubbles,i read the directions,re-read the directions and the micro bubbles are crazy
If you want to truly eliminate micro bubbles with an SS you must craft a custom bubble diffuser. There are various designs on the interwebs...

im starting to set up a new tank with a sump,i have a red sea skimmer but its a sump skimmer so it wont work on my other tank,i dont know how long it will take to get the new tank running and i dont know if i should go out and buy a fourth skimmer or if ill be alright or how many days ill have, any input will be greatly appreciated
I think you will be good with 3 lol you just need to start learning how to keep at least one running at any given time. Most likely either modifications or preventative maintenance are needed... perhaps repairs...