PDA

View Full Version : I do not recomemnd aquatronica

beuchat
01/23/2010, 06:20 AM
I post in order to advise any one who is about buying an aquatronica controller. I have had so many issues with it that I can not trust the equipment. For me is more risky to have the controller controlling the aquarium than other method.

Las year the power unit when crazy. After contacting the distributor they recommed to upgrade the firmware. I had to buy the USb interface wich did not work, then I had to replace it with the RS232 interface, upgrade and it was OK. After some time the controller started to give error mesages about modules discconected and aqutronica service requeted me to sen the power unit to mdistributor instead of replacen first and sending later. I could not send because I had temp control, PH and aditives (Ca, KH, Mg, etc) and could not wait some much time since the power unit has to travel to italy, be avaluated and come back.

The issue was sleeping until I got a fixed PH of 10, then I replaced the prove and is still at 10. The AQ service is not respinding to my emails. Meantime a bought a sms module, which was working for two weeks and now it does not work neither restart. AQ service send email to update and perform SIM change. I did and no answer again. The SMS module is not working anymore and I have sent it again to distributor with no answer from aquatronica Italy

So it completly ussless using a device to contro which is always falty. Who can no trust this equipmen. Just to advice other people not to make the same mistake I did

I am writing from Spain.

Regards.

moondoggy4
02/17/2010, 05:15 PM
thanks beuchat I hope they will make it right.

RobbyG
02/18/2010, 01:58 PM
A Few thousand people are using them with out any trouble. Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience, I believe from reading your post that you probably do have a bad powerbar, and since it acts as the Hub for everything you pretty much are going to have problems with every aspect of the equipment till you replace it! (as per their suggestion). IMO since you decided not to return the faulty powerbar, it's pretty hard to expect anything to work properly that is hooked up to it, and thats everything!

My suggestion would be to buy an extra powerbar and then send back the one you have. It's always a good idea to have a backup powerbar with any controller.

beuchat
02/28/2010, 08:26 AM
The dealer has accepted to replace the power unit. I will receive next week. I hope it will be fixed. thanks a lot for the answers

moondoggy4
02/28/2010, 10:03 AM
Good hop that does it. Keeps up informed maybe a picture or two of your setup.

beuchat
03/04/2010, 12:37 AM
The set up in a video, the password is vimeo.

http://vimeo.com/9847488

Still waiting for the new power unit.

BR.

moondoggy4
03/04/2010, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the video. I love the rock work. Under your sump looks packed, I am looking forward to getting my new stand installed so I can put everything under it instead of all over the place. Very nice setup thanks again.