PDA

View Full Version : URGENT!!!!-Bird wrasse with injured nose/infection

DKfishboss
01/23/2010, 03:43 PM
Hey guys I'm brand new to the form a buddy of mine told me to check it out cuz i do not know what else to do to help my male bird wrasse who has suddenly become ill

Heres the story..

A weekago (last sunday) i introduced my new male bird wrasse (long nose) to my saltwater aquarium. He loves to use his long nose to scavenge in between the live rock in my aquarium. On wednesday (4 days ago) we noticed that it looked like he scraped his nose when he was scavenging. It formed a pimple like looking structure on the tip of his nose. It literally looked like a pimple it was red and white. Now 4 days later it has continously gotten worse and more swollen so last night (friday) i put him in a quarantine tank and added some bifuran+ which is used to treat microbial, bacterial and protozan diseases of aquarium and pond fishes. This morning i took a look at him and it looks like he got way worse...about a half inch of his nose is red and swollen and it looks like pus is coming out of his wound he is cut up badly...he has not eaten since wednesday and is not looking good at all and is hiding in a little nook in the aquarium.

Does anyone have suggestions besides adding chemicals and antibacterials to the quarantine tank.

Can someone PLEASE help me out??

attached is a picture of his battered nose :thumbdown:thumbdown :( :(

Scaravian
11/24/2013, 10:32 PM
Its not uncommon for a Bird Wrasse to injure its nose. We have one in our aquatics store that has the same problem. just give him time and it should get better. Good job with the meds though, it will deffinately help.