PDA

View Full Version : coral fight please help

sfilipowski
01/23/2010, 04:46 PM
one of my lobo's attacked the other the other day when I was out of town, my better half just moved them away from each other and removed as much slime like stuff as she could get. two days later and here we are. The bully lobo looks fine but the other suffered major damage. I don't know what to do with it. I will remove it in order to keep everything else good. Is it dying, going to die and pollute the tank. I have included a pic so you can see what kind of condition it's in. My rodi came in yesterday so I am going to get it running after I post the pic cause I'm sure a WC is needed asap. thanks in advance to all with some input. you guys have keep my tank happy for 15months now. seamax 130d

Agu
01/23/2010, 05:23 PM
Corals are tougher and more resiliant than we give them credit for. I wouldn't give up yet ....

I'd recommend a dip in either an Iodine or Revive solution followed by placement in a medium flow area of your tank. You want enough flow keep it clean and wash away any waste but not so much it causes further irritation.

spleify
01/23/2010, 05:33 PM
+1 it will likely be just fine and recover completely.

Corals are pretty tough

sfilipowski
01/23/2010, 05:34 PM
do you think it will grow back where it has suffered the damage?

spleify
01/23/2010, 06:02 PM
As long as the parameters of the tank are in line and everything is good with water quality, it should make a 100% recovery

Frick-n-Frags
01/23/2010, 06:39 PM
After seeing a Hydno inject a plate monti on one spot, then watched the "poison" eventually kill almost the whole thing, i finally fragged off the last little good part to save it.

my point is that i have seen a continuous effect way after the fight. if the victim is still losing it, get ready to frag off the good part. if the damage has stopped progressing, it should be ok.

sfilipowski
01/23/2010, 07:13 PM
how do I frag this guy if it seems to be getting worse and should I try to feed it the damage has taken about half of it but I can see the mouth

AMDphenomx4
01/23/2010, 07:16 PM
Feed, Feed, Feed. Give it all the energy it can to recover.

lordofthereef
01/23/2010, 10:23 PM
After seeing a Hydno inject a plate monti on one spot, then watched the "poison" eventually kill almost the whole thing, i finally fragged off the last little good part to save it.

my point is that i have seen a continuous effect way after the fight. if the victim is still losing it, get ready to frag off the good part. if the damage has stopped progressing, it should be ok.

:thumbsup:

ritter6788
01/24/2010, 01:17 PM
Post some pics as time goes by so we can see the progress of the recovery.

Sk8r
01/24/2010, 03:04 PM
Run carbon. While softies are the worst about spitting aggressive chemicals into the water, lps can also do it. Carbon will take irritants out of the water and help your wounded coral.
It will probably heal fine, given excellent water and a minimum of stress.

spleify
01/24/2010, 03:05 PM
how do I frag this guy

Dremel with a cutoff wheel