PDA

View Full Version : Dipping New Corals in Revive

dwanner
01/24/2010, 11:37 AM
I have a new shipment of corals coming later this week and I want to start dipping my new acquisitions in Revive to get rid of any unwanted hitchhikers. My question is what is the best method for dipping the corals without over stressing them, should I dip them right after acclimation is complete and they are ready to be added to the tank or after I've floated them and they are accustomed to the temperature? Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

roblack
01/24/2010, 12:49 PM
Be careful with Revive, it can damage corals. Don't dip softies in it from what I've been told. I usually dip after acclimating to tank water and doing a lugols or TMPCC dip. Typically use about 1/2 the recommended strength and do a 5 minute dip, then rinse with tank water before placing the coral in tank.

luther1200
01/24/2010, 12:55 PM
What kind of corals are you getting?

hemi-cuda
01/24/2010, 01:15 PM
Yup, Lugol's would be my choice as suggested

roblack
01/24/2010, 01:21 PM
Sorry, just realized my previous post was a bit unclear. Go ahead and dip lps/sps in Revive after dipping in lugols or TMPCC. I usually go 1/2 strength on the Revive and other dips. After 5 minutes in Revive, rinse with fresh tank water and then place in tank. Revive will kill all kinds of hitchhikers.