PDA

View Full Version : Apex Display wont light up

JonnyD91
01/24/2010, 08:30 PM
Finally just finished tieing up all my wires nice and neat. The display was on and working. Then i pulled the plug on the EB8 to put it in a different socket and the display never came back on. I tried to put it in different aquabus ports but nothing. The status lights are both solid. Any ideas? Will the base unit still run my programs without the display working?

kenargo
01/24/2010, 08:55 PM
Yes, the base will run headless (without a display) just fine. Call Neptune in the morning or send an email to support@neptunesys.com and they can walk you through some diagnostics to see what is happening and likely get it back online. If you don't have > 1 EB8 you can try "Init AB Devices" which will force a re-scan of all AquaBus devices but since it's late you may as well just wait until tomorrow.

JonnyD91
01/24/2010, 09:11 PM
How do you do the init AB Devices?

JonnyD91
01/24/2010, 09:14 PM
I dont know if this makes a difference but from when i took it out of the box the display would only light up when it was connected to the aquabus of the base unit. it would not light up if i plugged it into the aquabus on the EB8

kenargo
01/24/2010, 09:24 PM
That doesn't sounds right...

To perform an AB init you can use the Setup, Init Memory menu; 1 of the options is Initialize AquaBus Devices; that will clear all AB devices known to the system and force a re-scan which will identify all connected devices...

Doh, I just realized; you said the display doesn't work... (of corse I was giving directions using the display)... Silly me (sorry)...

Is the Apex network connected; I mean can you access via your home network?

JonnyD91
01/24/2010, 09:48 PM
Yes, i have the ethernet set up. This is the only way i can control the device right now.

Another think i noticed is the lights for the V1/V2 V3/V4 are blinking. Coulnt remember if they were before this happened. There is nothing connected to them.

kenargo
01/24/2010, 09:50 PM
Yes, i have the ethernet set up. This is the only way i can control the device right now.

If the Apex is working otherwise I'd say wait until you can contact Neptune; send them an email (support@neptunsys.com); Curt often will often check email in the evenings...

JonnyD91
01/24/2010, 10:07 PM
I shot them an email and will give them a call tomorrow. THank god the base unit still functions correctly and i dont have to take itall apart.

JonnyD91
01/24/2010, 10:44 PM
FYI

Got a reply back from Curt. Updating the firmware for the display through the web app, got the display to come back on.