PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed!

Magga Pie
01/25/2010, 12:29 PM
I have a qt up and running for 3 weeks with my fish from my display tank. I have been treating with cupramine and all the ick went away. About a week ago i stopped dosing copper and now my tank has been a reddish color and I dont know why? What would cause this. It has a very noticeable red tint to the water iv been doing waterchanges but it doesnt seem to be doing anything

And now one of my clowns looks like its gt white spots on itagain but they looks like that are hanging off its body. Any advice wouldbe great!!

wooden_reefer
01/25/2010, 01:01 PM
I have a qt up and running for 3 weeks with my fish from my display tank. I have been treating with cupramine and all the ick went away. About a week ago i stopped dosing copper and now my tank has been a reddish color and I dont know why? What would cause this. It has a very noticeable red tint to the water iv been doing waterchanges but it doesnt seem to be doing anything

And now one of my clowns looks like its gt white spots on itagain but they looks like that are hanging off its body. Any advice wouldbe great!!

How do you know the ich went away in three weeks? First, you may have missed any on the skin due to lighting. Second, some may be in the gills.

I can't tell from what you say if the red tint is the QT or DT.

Have you ever added copper into the DT?

My QT procedure against ich is very concrete.

1. All fish in QT with active treatment for at least eight weeks. The medium in the QT has been cycled very well in advance. No ammonia problem in QT for the whole duration unless concurrent bacteria infection occurs.

2. DT fishless, ie no fish, for at least eight weeks.

If you had planned ahead, QT against ich, to eradicate ich, to kill or let die the last ich organsim, should not be difficult, and you should not have to agonize over one or two fewer weeks of QT.

Magga Pie
01/25/2010, 11:02 PM
I figured the ick went away because I was dosing copper for 3 weeks in my qt and all fish appeared to be fine. It says on the bottle to only treat for 14 days so I didnt know how long I should really do it for.

And I have never dosed my display tank with copper just the qt,

The qt has red tinted water for some reason that im unsure of. Im doing a 50% water change tommorow and see if that helps any.

Magga Pie
01/27/2010, 03:21 AM
^ anyone know why my qt would turn red?