PDA

View Full Version : Stomatella breeding

Jacuzzi
01/25/2010, 06:24 PM
Just thought I share, was doing a little algae maint. and I noticed spurts of white clouds coming from all corners of my 40 gallon. To my surprise it was my stomatella's breeding. Never seen it before so it was pretty cool to me, I enjoy those guys and they seem to be my most active CUC. Then I realized my hand was in at the time so I gave it quick wash...well a long wash.

peasofme
01/30/2010, 06:30 PM
something ate all my stomas. ****ed cause i really like them for the above mentioned reasons

Octoshark
01/30/2010, 07:00 PM
Then I realized my hand was in at the time so I gave it quick wash...well a long wash.

lol

You should have taken a picture

hazmat319
01/30/2010, 08:02 PM
I saw my stomatellas do that also. In fact, I had the pumps off for feeding and I noticed a bunch of them come to the top of my chaeto (I only had them in my sump) and start expelling white "clouds". Then another one came up and ejected something else into the water that looked like eggs. It was the most amazing thing I ever saw....

They reproduced like crazy in my sump/fuge but something always ate them in my display.
It does kind of get a bit embarrassing when you really realize what it is:lmao:

stanlalee
01/31/2010, 01:42 AM
when I use to target feed oyster eggs these wacko's must have thought I was squirting love juice and start synchronizing their "breeding" with my feedings. all the while I'm thinking why am I feeding oyster eggs if they are going to feed the corals their eggs and sperm.