PDA

View Full Version : New rics coming in tomorrow!

Lance M.
01/26/2010, 09:42 AM
I just ordered 8 ricordia florida, two red mushrooms, another discosoma, and a small zoa frag. They will be here tomorrow before 3:30! I will post pics probably tomorrow afternoon or the next day.

Anyone dipped new mushroom arrivals in TMPCC? I've used it on lps I just want to make sure it is ok to use regular strength and regular time.

I will post the vendor and a review after I receive them tomorrow, but so far so good!

Creetin
01/27/2010, 08:23 AM
I preffer revive on dips. You should qt first for a few days and let them get stabil from shipping before doing any dips. IMO

KarmaChameleon
01/27/2010, 03:32 PM
Can't wait to see pics :)

Lance M.
01/27/2010, 11:16 PM
I got them in today! nine rics and a couple shrooms.
I bought a small piece of lr from my lfs and superglued the rics to the rock.
Looks great!

I will not be able to post pics until this weekend when I can get a hold of a camera>>

teebs
01/28/2010, 07:33 AM
How do you super glue the rics to the lr?

KarmaChameleon
01/28/2010, 04:50 PM
Can't wait for pics.

It's easiest to glue them when you have both out of the water. Dry off the rock a little, then just squirt a liberal amount of gel superglue and pop the base of the ricordia in it. Most stick this way for a while just fine--enough time for the ric to start attaching on its own.

Lance M.
01/30/2010, 03:11 PM
Sorry it took so long guys and the bad pic from my blackberry, been busy. I took some pictures with a camera but now I have to find the cable to upload them to my laptop. I almost am ashamed to show this picture because these rics look so beautiful in person. Here ya go-

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/lmouser/20365_785014068477_12636234_4384345.jpg

As for the glueing, KarmaChameleon did a good job explaining- dry the rock off and the bottom of the ric (if it has bits of sand or rubble on the bottom, don't glue directly to the ric) and then use super glue gel, leave them for about 30 secs- one minute and then put it back in the tank.

teebs
01/30/2010, 09:22 PM
Sorry it took so long guys and the bad pic from my blackberry, been busy. I took some pictures with a camera but now I have to find the cable to upload them to my laptop. I almost am ashamed to show this picture because these rics look so beautiful in person. Here ya go-

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/lmouser/20365_785014068477_12636234_4384345.jpg

As for the glueing, KarmaChameleon did a good job explaining- dry the rock off and the bottom of the ric (if it has bits of sand or rubble on the bottom, don't glue directly to the ric) and then use super glue gel, leave them for about 30 secs- one minute and then put it back in the tank.

Nice rics you have there...:spin1:

How much did you get them for? Where I am at, a ric costs between USD 20-USD 40.

If the ric does not have any sand or rubble at the bottom, are we still able to glue the ric to the rock???

shroutk3
01/30/2010, 10:24 PM
If the ric does not have any sand or rubble at the bottom, are we still able to glue the ric to the rock???

If there is no substrate on the foot you should construct an enclosure (plastic container or something with netting). put rocks or discs in the bottom and wait for the ric to attach itself.

Lance M.
01/31/2010, 12:33 PM
^ yup, what he said.

Thanks. I got my rics from CoralMorphologic.com. They were about $11 each with shipping. I bought two 4 pack of rics and they gave me an extra, so nine total for $99 (includes shipping). I am very happy with them.

If I go to my lfs to buy a ric that is the same quality as these it would be $35 per polyp.

Octoshark
01/31/2010, 02:26 PM
Nice rics, I got let down on my one and only online order (nothing like the picture as always).

My LFS never has them.

flamehawkfish
01/31/2010, 03:49 PM
^ yup, what he said.

Thanks. I got my rics from CoralMorphologic.com. They were about $11 each with shipping. I bought two 4 pack of rics and they gave me an extra, so nine total for $99 (includes shipping). I am very happy with them.

If I go to my lfs to buy a ric that is the same quality as these it would be $35 per polyp.

Nice ricordea. I like how you attached them all to one rock, creating a 'rainbow' effect.

I've been tempted to buy some Rics from Coralmorphologic. Everyone raves about their quality and prices.

Question: were those Rics already attached to gravel or 'rubble' (or did you create an enclosure, and wait until they anchored themselves)?

ProInvert
01/31/2010, 09:09 PM
Question: were those Rics already attached to gravel or 'rubble'
Most of the Ricordea from Coral Morphologic are attached to something.
A lot of the time, the "Rock" it is attached to is small.
But there is enough to get some "Super Glue" on it.

Out of the 53 Ricordea I purchased from Colin.
I only had problems with 6, Getting them to attach to something.

Lance M.
02/01/2010, 03:28 AM
Like ProInvert said, most of them are attached to small rubble or large grain sand. All of mine were attached to bits and easy to glue, except for one of the blue ones which only had one small piece of rubble but I got some super glue on it and it's sticking and half of the polyp is swaying in the flow but hopefully it will attach naturally to the rock.

Thanks for the complements.