PDA

View Full Version : All my fish covered in ich...please help

Mordoff
01/26/2010, 10:16 AM
Alright so I have a 40br. Recently I bought a small yellow tang for it but about a week ago I noticed it has ich all over it and two days later it died. All my other fish in the tank (pair of b&w ocellaris clowns, tailspot blenny, and a flame hawk) all looked fine, no spots or anything. Then I went to my moms house (parents are divorced) and I came back yesterday to check on the tank and I see that the tail spot is dead. The flame hawk has a few spots on the fins and the pair of clowns is just covered in white spots to the point where it looks like its shedding all its scales. Now I have a 12 gallon nano cube set up but its only been set up for for about a week before I shut it down about a month ago when I got the 40br. Im not sure what to do. I really need some help, I really dont want to lose the rest of my fish especially the clowns. Please help, thanks.

RBU1
01/26/2010, 10:20 AM
Are the clowns still eating? You have a 12 gallon set up and running? Can you use copper in the 12 gallon?

Mordoff
01/26/2010, 10:27 AM
Are the clowns still eating? You have a 12 gallon set up and running? Can you use copper in the 12 gallon?

Theres just live rock and sand in the 12 gallon and its been running. The clowns are still eating. How do I use the copper?

RBU1
01/26/2010, 10:33 AM
Theres just live rock and sand in the 12 gallon and its been running. The clowns are still eating. How do I use the copper?

Well only use copper if you don't intend to use the 12 gallon as anything other then a treatment tank. If that is an option I will go into further detail. If they are still eating that is a good sign. What type of filtration is on the 12 gallon?

Mordoff
01/26/2010, 03:27 PM
Well only use copper if you don't intend to use the 12 gallon as anything other then a treatment tank. If that is an option I will go into further detail. If they are still eating that is a good sign. What type of filtration is on the 12 gallon?

Yes the 12 gallon will be a quarantine tank. The filtration is the standard nano cube filter in the back.

wooden_reefer
01/27/2010, 12:53 AM
Alright so I have a 40br. Recently I bought a small yellow tang for it but about a week ago I noticed it has ich all over it and two days later it died. All my other fish in the tank (pair of b&w ocellaris clowns, tailspot blenny, and a flame hawk) all looked fine, no spots or anything. Then I went to my moms house (parents are divorced) and I came back yesterday to check on the tank and I see that the tail spot is dead. The flame hawk has a few spots on the fins and the pair of clowns is just covered in white spots to the point where it looks like its shedding all its scales. Now I have a 12 gallon nano cube set up but its only been set up for for about a week before I shut it down about a month ago when I got the 40br. Im not sure what to do. I really need some help, I really dont want to lose the rest of my fish especially the clowns. Please help, thanks.

If your tank is Fish only without Live rock, it may be easier. If there is no possible dieoff from copper or hypo treatment, you can treat in DT directly.

If it is FOWLR, it depends on whether there is growth other than bacteria on the LR.

It seems that you are not experienced enough to handle this situation if it is a reef tank.

You can treat all fish in a QT that has no nitrification; then you have to do frequent water change.

Or you can do hypo in QT with Amquel.

Mordoff
01/27/2010, 08:31 AM
If your tank is Fish only without Live rock, it may be easier. If there is no possible dieoff from copper or hypo treatment, you can treat in DT directly.

If it is FOWLR, it depends on whether there is growth other than bacteria on the LR.

It seems that you are not experienced enough to handle this situation if it is a reef tank.

You can treat all fish in a QT that has no nitrification; then you have to do frequent water change.

Or you can do hypo in QT with Amquel.

Ive got a QT tank with no rock, no sand, and some pvc pieces for hiding spots.