PDA

View Full Version : Calling electricians..

hoffy02
01/26/2010, 03:21 PM
This may be the wrong place for this question so I apologize if it is..
I am putting my 120 in-wall in my "Man room"... The man room is a loft and as most lofts has one wall half open to downstairs living area... The wife says Cigar smoking is ok with ventilation... SO, on to the question..

I have an old air mover I pulled from the attic that has one of those very strong fans that suck from the side. I figure I can box it in and run venting from the room to suction side and a vent out of the attic on discharge BUT, I am almost ceartain the fan is 220v. Is there a way I can utilize, re-wire, what have you, to make this run on an outlet that I have in the attic? I plan on wiring it into a wall switch but not sure I can mame it work on 110?? Im handy, and an avid DIY'er just need help on the conversion of the power on the fan..

Thanks
Hoffy

wab
01/26/2010, 04:31 PM
Only If the motor is able to be converted to 110V. You can open the access panel where the cord goes in and it should have pin connections for 110 just move the wires according to the digraph. Make sure the power is off. If you know the model you can look up the conversion on the web in the tech manuel. If you connect power to it it will run but it will burn out. Good Luck