PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on a ca reactor

Fishy Bizness
01/26/2010, 10:43 PM
I'm at the step to add a ca reactor but I need one that will fit into the slot behind the stand. My tank is a 75g and inside the stand is a 30g fuge an octopus skimmer, and a phos reactor so I have zero room left inside stand. Anyone out there have their reactor outside the stand? Also are CR loud? I can't tell when I go into the lfs store cause they have 50 tanks going all the time. I learned the hard way with HOB overflows....you can't hear them in the store then at home you can't hear anything but them.

Fishy Bizness
01/26/2010, 10:44 PM
I failed to mention the space behind the stand is about 5 inches.

Marc
01/26/2010, 10:52 PM
Check out Lifereef.com Jeff at Lifereef makes the best calcium reactors in the business. He can make you a calcium reactor to your specs and his CR's are built like tanks. It will last forever and the best part is that he includes all the fittings and supplies to get you up and running in no time. Also his calcium reactor is extremely silent as well as others.

Marc

gman19
02/18/2010, 09:21 AM
I am truly about to go ALL Lifereef.

Hope to get a LCR2 reactor next week. I have heard no negative feedback on Jeff's reactors. I'm sure they are built well as my sump and skimmer are Lifereef, and they work perfectly.

LilRobb
02/18/2010, 09:28 AM
Since you're somewhat local - call MRC, they build some sweet customs reactors too.

Marc
02/18/2010, 01:02 PM
Forget MRC, they have the worst customer service ever!!! I am so upset at them its not even funny. They promised to send me a replacement reactor for the one they sent me that leaked out of the box and nothing!!! They won't return my phone calls or emails. They even overcharged me on some foam discs that Raj promised to correct that and give me credit and nothing! They suck hardcore!!!!!!

Marc