PDA

View Full Version : LED question

bluetang22
01/27/2010, 07:47 PM
i'm looking to purchase LED
MAXSPECT
AQUA-ILLUMINATION
PACIFIC SUN
i like PACIFIC SUN setup with programable software but LED only 1W compare to the other 2 brand, MAXSPECT is very powerful LED .
please share your experience.
thanks

Tara3
01/27/2010, 07:53 PM
Aqua-illumination

BryanS
01/27/2010, 08:16 PM
I think I am going to go with AI. They seem to be made very well, in the USA, upgradeable and fully controllable.

bluetang22
01/27/2010, 09:43 PM
so AI come with Proflux controller or a seperate software?

BryanS
01/27/2010, 09:53 PM
Profilux is seperate, but they do come with a basic controller. The thing to note is that they CAN be controlled extensively by a profilux. Not all LEDs can be controlled as much, actually no others that I know of.

reefsafe
01/27/2010, 11:54 PM
My vote for AI. Excellent customer service and the light these things put out is amazing. The controller it comes with does a great job controlling them and I hear the profilux is amazing so it is nice to have that option as well. I also like that they take care of the customer (i.e, upgrade program for owners of previous versions).

bluetang22
01/28/2010, 05:14 PM
I own Pacific Sun and their new models of Phobos and Deimos rocks. i luv when you ask about the lamp and some people tell you to buy controller too. if you spend so much money wouldnt you expect the lamp to do what you paid for? as far as 1W - get 3W and put 40 degree focus lenses :-) please explain the reasoning behind it? to create a strong focused light beam so you can direct it at one place or you want the tank coverage from you light?

for 3W LED do i need to change PS unit and driver?