PDA

View Full Version : Flame angel disease

westwind1124
01/28/2010, 11:59 AM
Any one have any idea what this is on my flame angel. He is new (still in the QT), I didn't notice it till the next day but, it first looked like a pimple. White spot with the are immediately around it raised slightly. He has been in the QT now for a week with coppersafe and it hasn't gone away so I pretty sure its not ich. I have noticed the area in between the spot and his eyes is looking "thin" maybe. Like a wound or maybe HLLE. Is HLLE something that angel's can get or is that tang specifiec. I don't know what it is so I can't treat it. He is still very active, eats very well, and doesn't seem too shy.

JHemdal
01/28/2010, 03:51 PM
Flame angels can develop HLLE - is there any equivalent lesion on the other side of the fish's head? If so, then it is probably HLLE. If the lesion is on one side only, it may just be a scrape, or it may be the start of HLLE.

Jay

westwind1124
01/28/2010, 07:18 PM
There is nothing on the other side of him however there is a new spot showing about two thirds of the down his back on the same side. Its definitely the same thing just smaller and it appears to be right on his lateral line, another pimple looking thing.

bucky1168
01/29/2010, 09:16 PM
I had something very similar on my Regal Tang. It lasted a little longer than a week then went away. It was not ich. The spots were to big. The only thing I could figure out was he sleeps in a tight crack in a rock and he is getting to big for it so when he would go in and out of it, he was scraping himself. It's possible it is just an abrasion.

westwind1124
01/30/2010, 07:42 AM
Well he is still in the QT and the only thing in there is a piece of 4" PVC for something to make him feel comfortable. I don't think its an abrasion. What ever it is its getting bigger though, but I am surprised it doesn't seem to be affecting his appetite or coordination. He seems perfectly normal other than two big "pimples" on his back.