PDA

View Full Version : Lesson learned: read before buy

ItsMee
01/29/2010, 05:40 PM
I have a purple tip elegence....sigh. I should have read about it before buying it. Well i did read, something that was out-dated. Then I read some more after buying it and found it how hard they are to keep. To make matters worse, I have a bare-bottom tank. The LFS does not want it. I have not seen its sweeper tentacles yet...perhaps it is already sick. Sometimes the tentacles look a little stubbly and shriveled, but then other times they look fine. Will these things eat small fish? I can't for the life of me, figure out what happened to one of my green chromies, unless my chiuaua ate him after he went carpet surfing. Anyway, is it advisable to put him in the fuge with my macro algae under a home depot light that is perfect for growing macro algae? I heard these things like the water a little bit dirty and they like low light and subtle flow so that is really the only option I see....any ideas?

waxy
01/29/2010, 06:20 PM
Indo Elegance's aren't hardy as the Australian one's are.

Australian Elegances have a single large mouth, possibly more but not as much as Indo

Indo has multiple mouths, it's a bit confusing to make a distinction to be honest with you.

Only get the Aussie if you want longevity. They're a bit more pricey but it's worth it in the end.

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-06/nftt/index.php

ItsMee
01/29/2010, 08:01 PM
Hey thanks for that link!