PDA

View Full Version : Top off for new tank

picture the reef
04/20/2003, 09:54 PM
I am setting up a new tank using the Eco-Wheel filtration set up by Aquatic Engineers. This is being set up with a custom Oceanic 90 gallon tank. There is no sump with this system so I feel the top-off will need to be controlled within the main tank. There is some surge and wave action with this system so that will need to be taken into consideration. I also think it might be possible to control level within the flow box. (overflow) That is my question, what is the best way to accomplish this and what will I need? Thanks for your input.

rvitko
04/21/2003, 07:50 AM
I really have no experience with these sytems but anything with a large surge is going to make it difficult to use the Osmolator as it is literally sensitive to within 1/10th of a millimeter. I don't know how sensitive the Ecosystem is, if it can handle being filled to what would essentially always be a high water mark as on every surge until full the unit would be triggered, it could work. I think for this application a timed system might be a better choice. Perhaps a Litermeter.