PDA

View Full Version : My One Year Old Red Sea Max

justjosh
01/30/2010, 04:59 PM
This is my Red Sea Max 130D. It has been up since January of 2009. I have made absolutely NO mods to it. Please let me know what you think!!

Fish-
Clownfish
Pink Smith Damsel
Coral Beauty Angelfish

Critters-
2x Long spine Sea Urchin, one with blue tips
Pair Coral Banded Shrimp
Peppermint Shrimp
Pencil Sea Urchin
CUC
Feather Duster (which btw I have had for 10 months now)

Coral-
Torch
Frogspawn
Hammer
Finger
Monti Digitata
Monti Cap
Neon Green Striped Mushrooms
Purple Mushrooms
Maze Coral
Open Brain Coral
Cabbage
Candy Cane
Green Rodactis Mushroom
Green Zoas
Green Finger coral

justjosh
01/30/2010, 05:15 PM
more pics
monti cap and crocea
monti cap
green shroom
macro torch
left side

justjosh
01/30/2010, 05:17 PM
full tank shot

goran745
01/31/2010, 12:02 AM
Tank looks great. Working on getting some pics up. Do you like that surface skimmer. i think i need to get one.

jbray84
01/31/2010, 01:45 AM
Nice looking tank. What are your plans for those monti frags? I'm over in Indian Harbour Beach and might have something for trade.

justjosh
01/31/2010, 08:32 AM
Goran- The surface skimmer works fine, it is a little obtrusive into the tank. I put some lr rubble in there, not sure if it does anything, but why not. hah

jbray- Plans are to trade! What do you have? I also have frogspawn, hammer, and some shrooms in my prop tank.

justjosh
02/01/2010, 10:55 AM
bump

LetoII
02/01/2010, 05:48 PM
what are your tips for maintaining the tank.... changes, filters, bio media ect... my tank is about a week old now.

justjosh
02/01/2010, 06:12 PM
what are your tips for maintaining the tank.... changes, filters, bio media ect... my tank is about a week old now.

Hmm, well I would take out the bio balls and activated carbon bags about every two weeks and i just run them under water to get the debris off of them because i find if you let them sit there, they cause restricted flow. Make sure the intake grid stays clear as well, as this blocks flow. I only clean the skimmer about once a week. Lights are on for about 7 hours in the evening. When you do a water change, make sure to turn the pumps off and when you go to turn them back on, burp them to get the air that is trapped inside out or else they will not start. Just turn the out-take nozzles up and tap them to get the bubbles out. That is about it, besides cleaning the glass. Oh, btw i've had it for a little over a year and i have never changed out any media or replaced the light bulbs.

LetoII
02/01/2010, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the reply the tank is beautiful btw.