~100 polyps Whammin Watermellons
100 Radio Active Dragon Eyes
50 Fire & Ice 30Baby Blues
30 Ring of Fire
65+ polyps of Superman
good sized rock Tan Green Palys
more than 75-100 polyps of Lemon-Lime Deepwaters
Few tubb blues

I would probably want to keep some for myself and then frag the rest to cover the initial cost. Could this be done? Is it worth while?

Thanks

muddybluewater
01/30/2010, 10:37 PM
It could be done if you know other reefers that would be interested in purchasing frags.

Octoshark
01/30/2010, 10:40 PM
First of all, where would you be getting this deal from? A trusted source? I am asking because I have seen big deals like this on eBay and I would never personally take part in a large deal like that if it was through eBay due to the limited chance of alive arrive guarantees and refunds for DOA's.

Second, how big is your tank? Thats a lot of zoas, and I personally would not like a tank completely covered in zoas, but that of course is your personal preference.

Mrbeachbum2
01/30/2010, 10:42 PM
First of all, where would you be getting this deal from?

Second, how big is your tank? Thats a lot of zoas, and I personally would not like a tank completely covered in zoas, but that of course is your personal preference.

Club member.

75G. I do have 5 acans and have gone zoa crazy. :bounce1:

I'm not sure if zoas are phasing out.. it seems like acans and challices are the new thing

Mrbeachbum2
01/30/2010, 10:44 PM
Yes, a trusted source. Well respected in the area.

Mrbeachbum2
01/30/2010, 11:25 PM
Anyone else have experience with fragging?

Thanks again.

Octoshark
01/30/2010, 11:29 PM
You might have better luck posting in the "Zoanthid" forum or the "Coral Propagation" forum.

EDIT: I see you just did this, you are one step ahead of me ;)

Chiefsurfer
01/31/2010, 07:28 AM
I do like them, and have been researching a lot of zoas. MOST(not all) of those are in fairly high demand. Obviously a market for things can change at any time. Right now I would sai it is easily worth it to make that deal and frag them. If they are on nice pieces of large rock, and you are not opposed to selling like 10-head mini-colonies, you can likely split a 100 head rock into 6-7 nice pieces with 10-15 heads. Most people will not pay huge per polyp prices for mini-colonies, but if you wanted to do like $30-50 for a mini-colony, I am sure you would get buyers.

GL with the purchase.