PDA

View Full Version : Two strangers in love

Maraschiello
01/30/2010, 11:21 PM
I recently added a Sailfin Tang to my tank. Its the weirdest thing, My Foxface and Sailfin are inseparable. They swim side by side, sleep in the same cave dwelling. and never show aggression towrds each other. Now If I could get my clowns to do the same!!

FishBoy05
01/31/2010, 11:16 AM
Wow my sailfin can be one of the meanist tangs in the tank, that's cool you've got a tame one.

sharky's machin
01/31/2010, 12:23 PM
We are closing in on Valentine's Day.

laf-reef
01/31/2010, 01:59 PM
I also have a sailfin and a foxface that act the same way. They are always side by side.

tran901
01/31/2010, 02:00 PM
i had a foxface that would love my clowns...it would follow them everywhere...it got too big and i had to give it to the local pet store

sharky's machin
01/31/2010, 10:49 PM
Come to think of it, my foxface and my Niger trigger are always swimming together. Are all foxface's tramps???

LisaD
02/01/2010, 12:44 AM
I have a rabbitfish that hangs with my emperor angel. They are always together, never fight.

lostintheocean
02/01/2010, 01:30 PM
My scopas tang and my CBB are the samy way always swimming around together

Stuart60611
02/01/2010, 05:57 PM
My foxface is the same way with my tusk, and I had another foxface that was the same with a kole tang. Foxfaces are definitely tramps. I have an unsupported guess as to why which may or may not have any merit. It seems to me that foxface's and maybe other rabbitfish like to closely align themselves with a fish in your tank they think they can get the most extra food from. If you have another large herbivore/omnivore (like a tang or angel (not the case with blennies)), they seem to choose that fish to follow. Otherwise, they will follow the best fish they can approximate, which is in my case is my tusk. I always see my foxface following around the tusk and feeding off of the tidbits the tusk leaves behind or which the foxface discovers while trailing the tusk. Perhaps, food is the motivation for this behavior?