PDA

View Full Version : Sand bed or not

rydr119
01/31/2010, 08:04 AM
When I first set up my 180 I had sand. Then we moved and I took all the sand out and just went bare bottom. I kinda think I want sand again but Im not sure lol. Besides no dust storms what other pros are there to no sand bed and to having a sand bed. I think I am just tired of waiting for the coraline to cover all the glass. Any advice or opinions are appreciated.
Thanks Gina

Fish_wiz2
01/31/2010, 08:19 AM
I would recommend sand for any tank as it looks more natural, plus it is required IME if you keep wrasses. Hope that helps, Wiz ;)

rydr119
01/31/2010, 08:28 AM
Ah see and thats one reason I was thinking of getting sand again there are some wrasses I really like but they need sand. I currently have a pair of flame wrasses and a Melanurus wrasse but I would love to get more so I am leaning towards sand.

Fish_wiz2
01/31/2010, 08:35 AM
Ah see and thats one reason I was thinking of getting sand again there are some wrasses I really like but they need sand. I currently have a pair of flame wrasses and a Melanurus wrasse but I would love to get more so I am leaning towards sand.

Its a good idea, i don't see why not. The only major downfall i see to sand is i can't have "fun" with my flow :p