PDA

View Full Version : clowns wont stop fighting! need help

romsoccer12
01/31/2010, 02:00 PM
my orange clown will NOT leave my black clown alone. he is almsot CONSTANTLY attacking him. theyve been together for 2 weeks now and it just started getting this heightened. when will it end!!! i really want them to to get along!

romsoccer12
01/31/2010, 03:02 PM
my black clown is constantly breathing really hard. and now he looks like his jaw is somewhat out of place. it seems like he has an underbite

clowns101
01/31/2010, 03:23 PM
Okay are they still in QT?If so this is what I would do!

1)Capture the aggresive one(the orange one)
2)Place her(it)in a specimen container with holes drilled in it for flow.
3)Leave her in there fo rone week with minimal food .
4)After one week let her out and see hoe she reacts to the male.

Ive used this method for my tomato clowns before and it has worked very well.It may take a week/weeks/months and even up to a year.Just give them time to work it ou tso to speak.

HTH,
Austin/clowns101

romsoccer12
01/31/2010, 04:09 PM
they are in the DT but i could easily get him out. i dont have any type of specimen container. how could i make a household one?

clowns101
01/31/2010, 04:51 PM
Sipties and a siplock container.Drill a few holes in the side and spilock it to the tank.Or get a breeding net and hang on th eside of the tank.Just be sure that they can see each other!

romsoccer12
01/31/2010, 05:53 PM
couldnt this cause the current fish becoming a male realize the other fish is locked off in a seperate territory and than become female? and when i release them they just fight more because they are both females?

jmski333
01/31/2010, 05:56 PM
i dont think they can change sex that fast

romsoccer12
01/31/2010, 06:08 PM
after long term exposure though. clowns said it could take from weeks to months to years, maybe because its not going anywhere except changing both clowns to female? not trying to say what your doing is wrong but it seems like there could be a flaw.

clowns101
01/31/2010, 06:19 PM
No as long as theres 2 clowns and one is submitting that one will always be male.Wet thumb frgas has a pair Australian Reef clowns witch took them a year to pair.They have had the pair to 2 years now and they are beging to clean spots for eggs.As long as they can see each other and one is smaller than the other they should be fine!

DFS also did this with their McClluchi clownfish which to 9 months to pair.And which are now spawing!

MarinaP
01/31/2010, 06:22 PM
because they are both females?

Could be. How big are they? Locking jaws is usually what two females do to each other

romsoccer12
01/31/2010, 07:48 PM
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1772463
everything is explained there
theres no way both can be female. the black one normally submits
theyve been together for 2 weeks now and if it were 2 females they wouldve killed each other i would think. they get along now and than