PDA

View Full Version : Bubble King Mini 200

bkd067
02/01/2010, 01:25 AM
Hello I just installed my new BK Mini 200 and I was hoping to get some feedback from some other BK mini owners.

I have had the skimmer in operation for three days and was wondering if the skim mate that is in the collection cup is a good start for a skimmer that has only been operating for three days? One picture is of the skimmer after one day of operation and the second is after three days. My last skimmer took over two weeks to break in and start producing the stinky muck.

What is the ideal sump water level for the skimmer to operate in? My sump is operating at a very stable 8.5-9" level. Also, I have the water level in the skimmer adjusted a 1/2" below the "Do Not Exceed This Water Level" mark on the side of the skimmer.

Any thoughts,comments or experienced feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am really impressed with the quality and attention to detail on this skimmer. I now understand why they cost what they do.

timvdb
02/01/2010, 02:22 AM
Hi - I use a BK 160 now. Been running for a week now. We have the same amount of skimmate it seems. Mine is a bit darker though, but this is because I run my water slightly lower. As I use zeovit, I want to skim quite dry.

I have a question about noise though and there are 2 levels of noise:
1/ air suction - relatively high, but I can sort that out;
2/ buzz / humm: quite loud... I did dis-reassemble the whole unit but is still there...

Do you get some level of noise too and do you consider it normal. I used to have an aquamedic turboflotor skimmer that was a whole lot more silent...

ultreef
02/01/2010, 03:51 AM
Hello I just installed my new BK Mini 200 and I was hoping to get some feedback from some other BK mini owners.

I have had the skimmer in operation for three days and was wondering if the skim mate that is in the collection cup is a good start for a skimmer that has only been operating for three days? One picture is of the skimmer after one day of operation and the second is after three days. My last skimmer took over two weeks to break in and start producing the stinky muck.

What is the ideal sump water level for the skimmer to operate in? My sump is operating at a very stable 8.5-9" level. Also, I have the water level in the skimmer adjusted a 1/2" below the "Do Not Exceed This Water Level" mark on the side of the skimmer.

Any thoughts,comments or experienced feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am really impressed with the quality and attention to detail on this skimmer. I now understand why they cost what they do.

skimmate looks good for 3days while breaking in. I have mine in 9" of water and I have water level set about 1" below the limit line and I get black stinky gunk.

Congrats on the purchase. I love my BK.

ultreef
02/01/2010, 03:59 AM
Hi - I use a BK 160 now. Been running for a week now. We have the same amount of skimmate it seems. Mine is a bit darker though, but this is because I run my water slightly lower. As I use zeovit, I want to skim quite dry.

I have a question about noise though and there are 2 levels of noise:
1/ air suction - relatively high, but I can sort that out;
2/ buzz / humm: quite loud... I did dis-reassemble the whole unit but is still there...

Do you get some level of noise too and do you consider it normal. I used to have an aquamedic turboflotor skimmer that was a whole lot more silent...

The air suction noise is normal. That's all I hear coming from my BK180. I've never had any problems with buzzing or humming noise other than the time the bottom white plate was touching the sump. Maybe check if the skimmer is touching anything? Check to make sure everything is tight. Maybe the bubble chamber/plate is loose? then finally check the pump for excessive vibration.