PDA

View Full Version : prodibio

ant-elp
02/01/2010, 10:07 AM
starting bio digest,bi optim and reef booster on a 75 gallon mixed reef,dosed vodka slowly for two weeks with no additional bacteria,tank looks terrible,thick clumps of bacteria,algae,corals on the brink.my question is ,should i hold off on the coral food till tank gets cleaned up a bit,or start all three at once?i know im in serious trouble ,hopefully fellow reefers can give me a few tips,thank you.

burnah
02/01/2010, 11:39 AM
i would say: use only biodigest (the one with the bacteria in it) to remove nutrients. the food and amino acids would introduce too much waste in your already polluted environment. keep dosing vodka, get out the bacterial slime that builds up and dose maybe 2 vials of biodigest a week if the tank is really dirty.

i would not dose the amino acids and coral food until you reach an ultra low nutrient environment, as the corals can also use the nutrients already available. so wait until the algae gets less to introduce that, but be sure to still feed your fish to keep up the right ratio of N/P.

ive been in trouble too when i started dosing vodka more than a year ago but today my tank is doing great. got no algae, no bacterial slime anymore, both used to cover rocks and glass...

Randy Holmes-Farley
02/01/2010, 11:41 AM
What sort of coral food to what sort of coral?

ant-elp
02/01/2010, 11:43 AM
reef booster

Randy Holmes-Farley
02/01/2010, 03:19 PM
I would not add that if you have the sorts of problems you are having. Mos tanks are fine without it anyway, and bacteria could certainly be encouraged to grow when you use it.

ant-elp
02/01/2010, 04:40 PM
thanks for the advice.ant

Randy Holmes-Farley
02/02/2010, 05:52 AM
Try manually removing all of the visible bacteria and algae, cut any fish feedings to a bare minimum, and try to export more phosphate, such as with GFO. :)

Good luck. :)

ant-elp
02/03/2010, 09:09 AM
thanks again,my order of prodibio,30 vials of bio-digest,bioptim,and reef-booster came in.i opened the shipping box and thought they forgot half the order!these things are really tiny,and cool.having had my first tank in 1977,boy this hobby has come a long way,very neat,professional storage box,i felt very dumb,i snapped one end off vial, and nothing came out!one more snap did the trick.i know this will take a bit of time ,no rush,...regards,ant