PDA

View Full Version : Led's install on a aquamedic question

score 110
02/01/2010, 09:40 PM
ok I've got an Aqua medic MH system and I tried the power brites leds and love them. But It doesn't look sleek and organized. So here is my question. Knowing that this light system runs realy hot to the touch is it possible to attach one of those led pods that rk has or any other system without having any heat problems? Has anyone done this? Can this be done?

score 110
02/02/2010, 11:39 AM
anyone

score 110
02/03/2010, 10:26 PM
no one have done this before or am I just thinking out of the box?

redbora
02/04/2010, 12:26 AM
i've actually been going through the same thought process as you. i've been leaning towards the r2 setup because there's a controller option and their small so if i were to attach them to the metal segments between the mh glass they would fit. my only concerns are if it's enough coverage (my tank is 48in in length) and also how would the heat effect them. i have a mh t5 combo so i've also thought of just sticking led strips in the t5 sections but i haven't been able to find ones with a controller option.

score 110
02/05/2010, 12:46 PM
ok that's exactly my same set up. But you can't glue it. I tried doing it with the power bright and the 2 sided tape come of then I tried to zip tie it but i dont like the look of it and it never stayed where I wanted them to point.

I was also thinking on the RKE set up drill it in the middle strip on the metal part bettewn the MH. But since there is only 3 metal plates and the RK system controls set of 2. I was going to put 1 on each end and 2 in the middle for a total of 2 sets because it's the most importent part to me. What do you think? Does that sound right? Also what do you think about heat comming from the MH?