PDA

View Full Version : 0 - 10vdc output with ACIII?

hllywd
02/01/2010, 10:13 PM
Is there a convenient (any) way to do 0 - 10vdc output with an ACIII, or do I need to move to the Apex? I want to be able to ramp the LEDs I'm putting together up and down to simulate dawn and dusk. Ideally I'd like to control the blues and whites on separate channels.

Thanks, Tim

kenargo
02/01/2010, 10:55 PM
Ramp is a feature of the Apex firmware and I have not heard any plans to add this feature to older controllers so at this time the answer is no, there is no way to ramp using the AC3 family of controllers.

hllywd
02/01/2010, 11:09 PM
I was just reading the manual for the Apex. If I understand correctly the variable speed ports are on the base unit, and profiles can be set up to do precisely what I want to do then? My Tunzes would interface directly with the base unit as well? 2 ports for lights, and two for my Streams... Seems like a no brainer to me! Assuming that's all correct it makes my LED driver choice simple.

Thanks,
Tim

kenargo
02/01/2010, 11:15 PM
Yes, the Tunze would connect to the base unit of the Apex directly. The Apex is like a controller + AquaSurf all in 1 (Ok, it's really much, much more but for this discussion it is a valid statement).

hllywd
02/01/2010, 11:57 PM
Good deal, sorry for the separate threads. I understand now though.

Thanks for your help!
Tim