PDA

View Full Version : How loud is your Aquaclear 110?

ScubaPrawn
02/01/2010, 11:35 PM
Mine sounds like a refrigerator running. Is this typical?

D to the P
02/01/2010, 11:39 PM
Mine was dead silent. Check the impeller, there might be something impeding with it, or it could be broken.

ScubaPrawn
02/01/2010, 11:41 PM
Dead silent?? Uh oh...looks like I have problem :(

Octoshark
02/01/2010, 11:49 PM
Does it sound like the impeller/motor buzzing or does it sound more like a rattling noise (plastic pieces rattling)?

ScubaPrawn
02/01/2010, 11:56 PM
impeller/motor buzzing

Octoshark
02/01/2010, 11:58 PM
Ok, I had one that all of a sudden started running significantly louder than normal and I just disassembled it then put it back together making sure everything was firm and in the right spot and it went back to normal. That was for the buzzing noise.

For the plastic rattling noise, what ended up happening was a cerith snail was at the very top of the tank between the glass and the filter intake and was kind of pushing the intake tube out of place causing it to rattle his shell. That same stupid snail likes to hang out against my powerhead and that rattles his shell against the glass creating a rattling noise too. We know it is the same snail doing it because he has a unique white marking.

ScubaPrawn
02/02/2010, 12:00 AM
You mean take of the impellar well and just make sure everything is fit snuggly? When you say, "went back to normal" do you mean completely silent?

I'll try putting it back together tomorrow morning. I'm so exhausted from getting everything for and working on my tank.

Thanks for your input :)

Octoshark
02/02/2010, 12:04 AM
Mine was never "dead silent." It was relatively quiet; we could sleep fine with it in the room (definitely not a refrigerator). But then one night it started acting up and yea we just cleaned out the impeller well and made sure everything was a snug fit and it went back to normal.

ScubaPrawn
02/02/2010, 09:22 AM
Got up this morning before heading to school...and yeah that thing is loud. Something's wrong. Hopefully I'll have a good update to report when I get back home.

Sugar Magnolia
02/02/2010, 09:46 AM
Is this a brand new one? It should be relatively quiet.

ScubaPrawn
02/02/2010, 09:53 AM
Yeah it's only been in use for a couple of hours. I can't wait to get home and disassemble the sucker. Hopefully it won't be damaged from being kept on while I'm away.

ScubaPrawn
02/02/2010, 05:51 PM
Well after all the anticipation....it still sounds loud. I'm really bummed out :(