PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Gigantea....

RoastReef
02/02/2010, 11:41 AM
ate my female crosshatch. So darn upset.:sad2:

this is me
02/02/2010, 12:18 PM
Gigantea or Haddoni? I know haddoni are notorious for eating fish but haven't much on gigantea eating fish.

RoastReef
02/02/2010, 12:43 PM
S. Gigantea

OrionN
02/02/2010, 01:46 PM
Gigantea eat fish too. My giganea got my fat Mandarin dragonet. A few people also report they eat large fish. Not many people keep S. gigantea so incident of them eatting fish is likely much under report. This is the first I post about loosing my Mandarin to the Gigantea

taylor t
02/02/2010, 08:26 PM
I lost a blue throat trigger 5-6 inches to a gig. Both were in the tank together for a couple months. The trigger stopped eating the week before. The trigger wasn't acting right for about a week. It ended up in my gig. It was ejected a couple hours later covered in slime only half digested. It looked like it was dipped in acid. I've also lost a wrasse that was a new addition. It lasted about 5 minutes before being chased into it. Otherwise, fish seem to know the lurking danger somehow.

davocean
02/02/2010, 11:41 PM
Sorry to hear, but not sure which was stupid, the gig, or the fish!
All nems can eat em, I lost 3 baby blond naso's one after another to my sebae at intro of each, now those were some stupid fish, swam straight into mouth.
But on the positive side, hey, your gig is still kickin at least.