PDA

View Full Version : problem?

robs.mark
02/03/2010, 06:36 PM
I did a larger than normal water change at the weekend as ive been feeding a little higher than normal and my phosphates were sat at 0.75ppm. While i was at it i pulled my pumps and skimmer, stripped them and cleaned them. I know when you clean the slime from a skimmer (mine been a bubble magnus NA6 by the way) it can take a couple of day to get going again.

Since then ive done a second small (5%) wc, halfed my feeding, started running a filted sock an my over flow that i clean dailey. I have tangs so feeding nori during the day.

My skimmer used to pull a think black skimmate out every few days, while it has produced a little, theres nothing compered to what there where before.

I can physically see the skiller producing bubbles though theres very little climbing the skimmer into the collection cup, it actually looks very clean.

I havent re-tested the water yet, ill do that tonight.

Do you thing this is because there's little waste in the tank for the skimmer to draw, or do i have a problem somewhere?

Thanks, Mark.

robs.mark
02/03/2010, 06:38 PM
i have tried adjusting the skimmer by the way with little success..

robs.mark
02/03/2010, 10:25 PM
Calling all reefers!!!! hahah!

Playa-1
02/03/2010, 11:27 PM
Maybe clogged Venturi, Try boiling some RO water and feeding it to the air intake line.

robs.mark
02/04/2010, 01:10 AM
Well done! had a bit of caulupra stuck in there.. thanks