PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into the hobby: Question about Anemone & Clownfish

Evyllchyld
02/03/2010, 07:29 PM
I have been out of the hobby for about ~2 years now. I'm looking to get back into it but want to start off small. I want to setup only a 20 gallon tank with LR. The lighting would be 130w compact fluorescent. My question would be do you all think 2 percs and an anemone (probably LTA) would be fine in that size of tank? I tried to click on the .pdf in the sticky and my laptop hates opening them so I gave up.

On a side note, does anyone know where I can get my hands on some Picasso Percs?

Toddrtrex
02/03/2010, 08:12 PM
Personally I wouldn't keep an LTA (( Macrodactyla doreensis )) in a 20 with those lights (( wouldn't keep one in a 20 regardless of the lights, just too big )).

The only one that I would even consider would be a BTA (( Entacmaea quadricolor )), though I would just keep the clowns and the anemone in that tank. BTAs can/will get rather large -- the last one I had was 15" across when I sold it.

OrionN
02/03/2010, 08:20 PM
Long term for tank size, I would recommend BTA also. Other easier to keep host anemones are all sand dwelling anemones (H. crispa, H. malu, S. haddoni) and they all would get too big except for H. malu.

Evyllchyld
02/03/2010, 08:35 PM
A BTA is what I'll end up getting then, I don't want to get something that will outgrow the tank. I have no intentions on adding any coral, I just love clowns and and anemones. Time to do some more reading.

Thanks for the help.