PDA

View Full Version : do these bulbs require different reflectors?

robs.mark
02/03/2010, 08:06 PM
Hey just about to upgrade my ballasts from 150w to 250w hqi.

I was told i can use my current reflectors as i like them and dont feel the need to replace..

Looking at this link it looks like the 150w and the 250w bulbs (double enders) have different fittings? My current 150w ones have the single prong type..

Are they different and will i have to buy new reflectors?

grigsy
02/03/2010, 11:36 PM
150 watt DE sockets are different from 250 watt DE sockets.

The 150 watt are spring loaded from each side. The 250 watt are spring loaded from top to bottom.

You may be able to use the same reflector, but you will have to change sockets.

BTW - Perth, Australia is a very nice place. I was there about 20 years ago. Nice city.

robs.mark
02/04/2010, 05:33 AM
150 watt DE sockets are different from 250 watt DE sockets.

The 150 watt are spring loaded from each side. The 250 watt are spring loaded from top to bottom.

You may be able to use the same reflector, but you will have to change sockets.

BTW - Perth, Australia is a very nice place. I was there about 20 years ago. Nice city.

Thank you! Im actually british, moved here a while back with my Australian partner. Met her in the UK. I think its a pretty amazing city also, though I bet its changed a fair bit as ive noticed so in the 5 years that ive spent here..

Cheers for the advice too!

t4zalews
02/04/2010, 08:43 AM
btw that pic of that sohal is awesome, do you have a bigger version? and yes, you can use the same reflector, just buy different end fitting for the 250w. the wiring shouldnt be too hard. Might be some sodering to do tho.